I made some Devil's Urn fungi last year after observing many on a weekend at Beaver's Bend State Park. To be truthful, I wasn't ever that happy with how it turned out and decided to make it again as a component of the indoor installation for Niche. One interesting aspect of Devil's Urn is how the brownish hue on the outside of the cup almost seems transparent. The deep black exhibited on the inner cup really shows through - it's almost like the outer brown layer is just dusted on. I tried using color work to show for this the first time around, but it just didn't look quite right. This time I used some lace weight yarn with a larger needle to knit an outer cup that would appear really open and let the inner black layer show through the stitches. I think this meets my expectations much better!